HomeOur MissionReunion CommitteeMembers PageMember's OnlyBecoming a MemberEvents CalendarNewsletterVideo and Chat RoomForum and Helpful InformationLinksContact Us

 I'll Remember the laughter as we go our seperate ways, but there's so much we're learning and we can not be afraid. There's a world outside our door and nothing in our way. But if it's not what we're both looking for we'll meet again someday - Author Unknown

Batch83/Alumni.jpg

Thank you for visiting our web site. We encourage you to contact us if you would like more information or are interested to share some interesting information photo about our alma mater and our beloved town of Jaen. You can send it via email in word and jpeg file only.

You may reach us at: 

Phone: +63 (0) 908 730 8575
Snail Mail: SAAAA Batch 83 
                  # 120 Gulayan st. Langla       
                  Jaen,Nueva Ecija 3109       
                   Philippines 
Or send us an e-mail!
Email : info@saa-batch83.org  (Administrator / General Information )
           ellen.santos@saa-batch83.org  (Reunion Committee Secretary)
           saa_batch83@yahoo.com ( General Information )


Make Up Games

SAAAA Contact Form







Jaen Map Coordinates ( Center of Jaen)


Latitude:N 15° 21' 45.8615"
Longitude:E 120° 53' 1.6858"
Latitude:N 15° 21.764358'
Longitude:E 120° 53.028096'
Latitude:15.362739°
Longitude:120.883802°    

BRIEF HISTORY

In 1865, Jaen was merely a part of San Antonio, known with its old name "Ibayong Ilog". When the place showed improvements and its population grew to no less than 5,000 people it became a town through a petition filed by the inhabitants. The Spanish officials signed the papers granting the petition that "Ibayong Ilog" be a town in Factoria (San Isidro) which was then the capital of Nueva Ecija.

The declaration was brought to the Governor General in Manila, which afterwards was submitted to the Vice General of the Philippines in the person of Father Gregorio Martinez. Father Martinez marked this approved but furtherly wrote his wish, changing the name "Ibayong Ilog" to the name of the place of his birth in Spain, the town of Jaen. On August 24, 1896, its people revolted against the Spaniards and on September of the same year, armed with bolos and spears, ambushed and killed forty (40) Spanish soldiers in Lumanas (now a Sitio of Brgy. Sto. Tomas South of this municipality). This successful attack made Lumanas a historical site and was called "Pinagtambangan". A marker was erected in this place now as a beautiful reminder of this heroic feat.

Kapitan dela Cruz was the first head of the community, who was succeeded by Kapitan Apolinario Esquivel. Later on, a municipal president was elected. Several prominent personalities have partaken of the leadership in the community. They have done their best to have the present status of Jaen which is now under the administration of Mayor Santy R. Austria.

GEOGRAPHIC & ECONOMIC PROFILE

The municipality is situated in the southern part of Nueva Ecija. It is about 100 kilometers north of Manila. The municipality of Sta. Rosa bounds Jaen on the Northeast, Zaragosa on the Northwest, by San Isidro on the South, by San Leonardo on the East and by San Antonio on the West.

The municipality has a land area of 11,800 hectares and is divided into twenty seven (27) barangays, two (2) of which are in the Poblacion proper. Most of the Northwestern section of the municipality are planted to palay. Rice production is the main source of living of the populace. Twenty (20) barangays of Jaen are fully irrigated. About 80% of the land is suited for rice production, this covers an area of a little less than 9,500 hectares.

Mango plantations are found in the Southern portion of the municipality. Based on the latest survey, 584 hectares are utilized for mango production. This includes backyard mango farms. Ten percent (10%) of the total agricultural area is planted to vegetables. In the urban area, mostly in the Poblacion and nearby barangays, several establishments have sprouted. These include agricultural supply traders, dry goods stores, hard wares, groceries and eateries. The public market is in the area.

Among the service businesses in the area are pawnshops, auto and motorcycle parts and service, computer repair shops, internet café, tailoring and dress shops and rural banks. Distilled and purified water processors, mobile phone card dealers, cable and landline telephone businesses are also present in the municipality. Professional services of doctors, accountants, dentists, lawyers and engineers are also prevalent in the town.Most of the unemployed and out of school youths are given employment by private contractors and the local government unit in doing manual jobs as construction workers and street sweepers.
 
 
 Kapitan dela Cruz was the first head of the community. Later on, a Municipal President was elected and succeeded by the following:
 
YEARS / MUNICIPAL PRESIDENT / MAYOR

1902-1907   Mun. Pres. APOLINARIO ESQUIVEL
1916-1919   Mun. Pres. PATRICIO YAMBAO, SR.
1919-1922   Mun. Pres. PATRICIO YAMBAO, SR.
1922-1925   Mun. Pres. PRUDENCIO EDUARDO
1925-1928   Mun. Pres. DELFIN ESQUIVEL
1928-1931   Mun. Pres. PATRICIO YAMBAO, SR.
1931-1934   Mun. Pres. AMBROCIO JAVALUYAS
1934-1937   Mun. Pres. PATRICIO YAMBAO, SR.
1934-1940   Mun. Mayor JOSE C. CARLOS
1940-1945   Mun. Mayor JOSE C. CARLOS
1945-1947   Mun. Mayor BARTOLOME GARCIA
1947-1951   Mun. Mayor BARTOLOME GARCIA
1951-1954   Mun. Mayor BARTOLOME GARCIA
1954-1956   Mun. Mayor BONIFACIO HIPOLITO
1956-1967   Mun. Mayor FELIX E. VELARDE
1968-1970   Mun. Mayor PATRICIO YAMBAO, JR.
1970-1979   Mun. Mayor FELIX E. VELARDE
1979-1986   Mun. Mayor FRANKLIN EDUARDO
1986-1988   Mun. Mayor PATRICIO YAMBAO, JR.
1988-1992   Mun. Mayor FRANKLIN EDUARDO
1992-1995   Mun. Mayor ANTONIO ESQUIVEL
1995-1998   Mun. Mayor ANTONIO ESQUIVEL
1998-2001   Mun. Mayor CEZAR EDUARDO
2001-2004   Mun. Mayor CEZAR EDUARDO
2004-2007   Mun. Mayor ANTONIO ESQUIVEL
2007-2010   Mun. Mayor SANTIAGO R. AUSTRIA
2010-PresentMun. Mayor SANTIAGO R. AUSTRIA
Source: www.jaennuevaecija.com    

Enter content here

Jaen, Nueva Ecija Philippines

Brief History of  Jaen

During the Spanish period, the municipality was only a component barrio of Gapan. When San Isidro became a town and was separated from Gapan, Jaen and San Antonio became one of its component barrios. When San Antonio became a town and became separated from San Isidro, Jaen became one of its component barrios. In June 18, 1865, Jaen became a town and was separated from San Antonio thru the initiative of two early leaders of this town - Kabesang Prudencio Esquivel and Kapitan Antonio Embuscado. Jaen is now 137 years old. When still part of the town of San Antonio, Jaen was then called San Agustin. And because there were many people in Langla, a river-port, San Agustin became a center of trade. Later Jaen became a town and San Agustin became the patron saint. 

The name Jaen was given in honor of then Spain's Governor-General Jose Maria Camba, who lived in the City of JaenProvince of Jaen, in Spain. In coordination with Padre Estanislao B. Moso, Kabesang Prudencio and Kapitan Antonio became also the first leaders. They led the establishing of the first Catholic Church of Jaen which is now the Parish Church of San Agustin. Jaen is in Central Luzon, in the southern part of Nueva Ecija. Jaen is about 100-Km. distant from Manila if one is to travel the old Cagayan Valley Road. There are however other road networks connecting Jaen to Nueva Viscaya, Isabela in the North, and to the West - Pampanga, to Olangapo or Bataan. In the olden days, Pampanga River was once the only and the fastest way of transportation used during the Spanish times in going to Manila and other places and boundaries.

Source: www.pasyalan.net/nueva_ecija/jaen/

Batch83/JaenSketch.jpg

Courtesy By Oscar E. Velarde:
Jaen map pre hand drawing and details 

Batch83/ilovej.jpg

Property and Copyright : SAAAA Batch 83

mapa2.jpg

Source and Courtesy by Ben Castro and Emit Pallarca:
Ang merge ng San Vicente - Putlod (sa buntot ng Y) nag intersect sa Sto Tomas North- South. Ang karugtong ng Sto Tomas N-S paglagpas ng intersection ay Rivera. Ang karugtong naman San Vicente-Putlod (Y) paglagpas ng nasabing intersection ay pinunta ang kalsada sa harap ng simbahan o SAA. May kalsadang putol na nagmula sa Ocampo Street at katapat halos ng tindahan ng Cuevo (sa linya ng bahay ng Munda Galang..nanay yata ng Aning at Sixto) ito ang kalsadang kumunekta sa kalsada sa harap ng matandang munisipyo    

mapa.jpg

Source and Courtesy By Ben L. Castro:    Note: Ang River na green color ay existing noong mga 1940s. Ang blue river ay ang present status ng river.    

jaenmao.jpg

NE.jpg

Batch83/Alumni.jpg

Property and Copyright : SAAAA Batch 83

Batch83/Alumnus.jpg

Property and Copyright : SAAAA Batch 83

Batch83/crest.jpg

Property and Copyright : SAAAA Batch 83

Official Reunion Crest 2012

Batch83/2016.JPG

Property and Copyright : SAAAA Batch 83

Official Reunion Crest 2016

 I'll Remember the laughter as we go our seperate ways, but there's so much we're learning and we can not be afraid. There's a world outside our door and nothing in our way. But if it's not what we're both looking for we'll meet again someday - Author Unknown

Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish.
Brad Henry